INGREDIENTS: premium grade Turkish black tea
When consumed regularly in ample quantity, the individual or combined ingredients in this tea naturally:
• Aids weight loss programs -- increases metabolism, increases fat-burning, decreases calorie intake
• Promotes healthy heart -- lowers cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar; contains flavonoids that prevents heart complications and diseases
• Improves digestive functions -- functions as a prebiotic, promotes growth of good bacteria and inhibits growth of bad bacteria, helps repair lining of digestive tract, promotes better absorption and storing of nutrients
• Strengthens immune system
• Promotes dental health -- kills oral viruses
• Helps remove toxins and combats free radicals
• May help prevent certain types of cancer like ovarian, lung, prostate, colorectal, bladder, stomach, prostate, breast, and oral cancers
Flavor and aroma: Floral, bold, brisk
As a true tea, black tea contains caffeine, and therefore, it is best to drink this tea early in the morning and during the day, when you need to wake-up or feel more energized.
To gain the optimum health benefits, it is best to drink this tea without sugar, milk or any kind of syrup. For sweetening, we recommend using our all natural stevia leaves which you can also order from this store.
As you're probably well aware of, most iced teas and milk teas use black tea as its base. With this black tea, now you can prepare your own iced teas and milk teas that are healthier!
For indulgently healthy and delicious iced teas, blend this black tea with fruits and berries. The most popular flavors to blend are lemon, orange, mango, strawberry, pineapple, and raspberry. But since the flavor of black tea is quite versatile, you can blend it with practically any of your favorite fruit or berry! The only limit is your imagination!
For more exotic taste, you can blend this tea with other kinds of teas (like bergamot) or flowers (like rose or saffron). We particularly recommend blending black tea + rose + milk for a truly unique rose milk tea!
HOT CUP (100C / 212F)
1. Put 2g of tea (or 1 tea bag) in a cup, frenchpress, pot, or infuser
2. Pour 4-6oz (120-180ml) of boiling water
3. Steep for 3-5 minutes
4. Remove the tea bag or filter out the tea
COLD BREW (4C / 40F and below; do not freeze)
1. Put 6-7g of tea in a container with tight cap (ideally glass or ceramic)
2. Pour 8oz (240ml) of room-temperature distilled water
3. Put inside the refrigerator (4C/40F), steep for 12-24 hours
4. Filter out the tea
This tea can be considered high tea, and can be taken hot or cold.
This tea can be added with milk (for a black milk tea), and can also be blended with flowers, leaves, herbs, spices, and fruit/juices.
To get the optimum health benefits of this tea, and considering its caffeine, it is best to drink 3-5 cups daily, either on full or empty stomach.
Real Turkish people prepare their black tea in the traditional double kettle -- where the tea is steeped in a smaller pot on top of a bigger pot containing boiling water. If you wish to have an authentic-tasting Turkish black tea, you can order from us an authentic Turkish double kettle, and we'll teach you how to drink tea the Turkish way!
Looking for one of those super cool bottles with built-in infusers for your cold brew or fruit-infused drinks on the go? Check out our collection of Teaware, Infusers, and Fan Merch!