Havva Brew, Hibiscus Tea, Caffeine-Free
FREE WORLDWIDE EXPRESS SHIPPING FOR ALL ORDERS ABOVE 85 USD WITH DHL EXPRESS.
INGREDIENT: Hibiscus (flower)
When consumed regularly in ample quantity, the individual or combined ingredients in this tea naturally:
- Promotes a healthy heart: lowers systolic and diastolic blood pressure, lowers harmful LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, increases good HDL cholesterol
- Anti-oxidant: reduces harmful effects of free radicals and prevents damage to your body
- Aids in weight loss
- Promotes healthy digestion and has laxative properties
- Promotes liver health
- Boosts the immune system: prevents common cold and fights flu
FLAVOR PROFILE/SERVING AND PAIRING
Flavor and aroma: tart, sour-sweet, cranberry-like, slightly tangy, floral
Hibiscus tea has a very versatile taste and is perfect for making blends. It can be combined with flowers and leaves (e.g., rose, pomegranate, olive leaf, etc), fruits and berries (e.g., apple, lemon, orange, mulberry, etc), or herbs and spices (e.g., cumin, coriander, fennel, cinnamon).
As a cold drink (cold brew), it makes for a refreshing and rehydrating iced tea, especially during hot days! If combining with herbs and spices, prepare it as a hot drink.
It's also considered a high tea and is ideally consumed when eating "heavy" foods.
PREPARATION AND BREWING
HOT CUP (100C / 212F)
1. Put 2g of tea (or 1 teabag) in a cup, french press, pot, or infuser
2. Pour 4-6oz (120-180ml) of boiling water
3. Steep for 3-5 minutes
4. Remove the tea bag or filter out the tea
COLD BREW (4C / 40F and below; do not freeze)
1. Put 4-5g of tea in a container with a tight cap (ideally glass or ceramic)
2. Pour 8oz (240ml) of room-temperature distilled water
3. Put inside the refrigerator (4C/40F), steep for 12-24 hours
4. Filter out the tea
This tea can be considered high tea and can be taken hot or cold.
You should not mix this tea with milk, but it can be blended with other kinds of flowers, leaves, herbs, spices, and fruit/juices.
To get the optimum health benefits of this tea, drink 3-4 cups, either on a full or empty stomach.